Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jesse The Juggler

Little kid's birthday parties are not my thing. I'm not against Brenna attending them, I just don't want to stick around. It's slightly different if MY friends will be there, but over all I just don't like the chaos. In fact, during this past year, I managed to avoid nearly every single one of the birthday parties. Granted, most were planned during my work hours, which I think was perfect! Daddy did party drop off and pick up, meeting parents, reminding of manners...all that good stuff.

But a few weeks ago, Brenna got an invitation to a 7 year birthday party that broke all the rules. I wanted to go. I wanted to stay. And I was completely willing to tolerate any amount of chaos necessary. So I actually volunteered to stick around and help.

All to see Jesse the Juggler live!

(That's a real bowling ball!)

Jesse and his family came up through youth group and high school with my family. There are three kids in his family and their ages match those of my brother, sister, and I. All of us are friends and keep in touch.

But I'd never seen Jesse juggle more than a little here and there, and definitely not in front of an audience.

He's amazing! You can read a little about him here, on his website. He travels nationwide doing juggling shows for all kinds of events. Some are large, like camps, schools, or festivals. Others are smaller, like church groups or the birthday party the other night.

After last Friday, I can say without reservation that his show is fantastic! It was geared toward seven year olds, but every adult watching laughed over and over. He uses the kids - and the adults - as 'volunteers'. None was better than watching Jesse use our friend Robb for balance as he rode his unicycle. Usually Robb is the one pokin' fun and getting the laugh. It cracked me up to see him on the other side of the teasing.



Here are a few more pictures from the birthday party. If your church, camp, or school is looking for a phenomenal show stopping guest the kids will never forget, contact Jesse. There are video clips on his website and even a DVD. Check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to see Jesse.
We had a blast with him last summer. He is so talented... so kid friendly... and sooooo, well, JESSE! I am thankful for his ministry.
May God continue to use Jesse in this unique and fun way!
Suz

Heather said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I took my Blackberry to Ashley's ballgame tonight. Grandma, Emmy and Sarah enjoyed scanning the pictures. Pap was interested in Brenna and Daniel. Grandma read every available entry. I should mention that Ashley's team won with Ashley's great pitching and hitting. :)