Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Days

Summer really messes up my posting groove. The days all run together and I can't remember which half of the week we're in, let alone when I posted last.

We have been busy, even though it's been somewhat relaxed around here. Last week we rearranged Brenna's room to give her more floor space. We sorted and purged, which always brings a feeling of relief with it. I think we gave away 30-40 stuffed animals. They were overwhelming her, but she's really good about sending stuff on anyway.

Michael's been working on painting the stairwell. We got in a rut because we couldn't reach the top and the project sort of stalled out. Now he's borrowed a ladder and we're back in business. He's also doing some tree trimming and pruning outside when he can.

I've been working Saturdays and Sundays. Sunday is only 1-4, but it's very busy. I love my job and this past weekend I even got to drive the golf cart! I'm not sure it can get any better. : )

I ordered Brenna's backpack today. I thought she was going to insist on red, but she chose 'blackberry' instead. I think I'm still in denial that she's really going to school in September.


That pretty much sums it up. Other than the ants in the kitchen, the pictures I deleted that Michael's trying to recover, the medical mystery my friend is dealing with (in the hospital), the babysitting, and the books I'm reading to try and catch Brenna in our contest.

I love summer.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We've had ants too!! They've been driving me nuts because they'll be everywhere, then gone. Finally, I sprayed the heck out of every nook and cranny in the kitchen I could find and so far, so good (knock on wood!). Now, I don't feel so alone in my ant misery! :) I'm hoping we don't all drop dead from slow poison ingestion though!

gail said...

where are you working at? a golfcourse?

we're in the midst of boxes, boxes everywhere! but it feels good to be doing it this early.

hubby needs a new backpack for school too. love that blackberry one brenna got. makes me wish i was going back to school--heehee