Saturday, July 12, 2008

I Think There's Been A Slight Misunderstanding

This is so funny...We just got home from small group and I checked the messages...

Hancock Fabrics has seven people signed up for the beginners quilting class and they want to know how much it's going to cost. And also when it will begin. I'm to please call Marilyn tomorrow.

Huh?

Someone made me a quilt teacher and forgot to ask if I know how to quilt. Every time I think about it, I get the giggles. I've never taught anything other than World History and Government. I couldn't charge those poor ladies 50 cents - I haven't even finished my first quilt.

This is actually my second class - the first time VCU called to ask me if I'd be willing to teach a quilting class. Michael happened to answer the phone and he declined on my behalf. But at least they asked before they signed people up. I don't even know how these people got my name!

1 comment:

Dena said...

That is too funny! Sounds like something that would happen at church. "Oh, yeah, I hear Dena knows how to eat, I'm sure she'd be willing to plan all of the women's luncheons for the next year, sign her up."
After a 2 hour discussion with one of my mom's friends about quilting, I realized why I could never quilt - WAY too much attention to detail going on.