Friday, November 16, 2007

Quick Looks

Here are some brief glimpses into our house from the past two days:

Yesterday we went to a book fair at the school where Michael teaches. It's held in their library and we go almost every year. Usually I get all excited and spend too much money, but this year we held it in check. Brenna picked out two books. I Spy School Days (Scholastic) and What A Day It Was At School by Jack Prelutsky. She's had so much fun searching for items in the I Spy book. Michael and I did a couple with her before bed last night. Some of those puzzles are hard! She read the other book to me all the way home from the school. It's a book of Prelutsky's poems. I have been reading his books to her since she was an infant. I like them because they entertain me too! If you have kids, we highly recommend his books. You can check him out at his website as well. JackPrelutsky.com

*****************************

We finally turned the heat on last night before we went to bed. Just like last year I worry when it gets cold because Daniel doesn't sleep under blankets yet. I'm always afraid he's not warm enough. This morning he let me know that, at least last night, he was fine. When I opened the door he whipped his shirt over his head like a lasso and tossed it out of the crib!

********************************

Last Friday I worked so I skipped our weekly grocery trip. Michael stopped in and picked up the essentials and we just made do with what we had. So today, we had to stock up. Not to mention everything is on sale!! My goodness. The baking aisle just about did me in! It took all my will power not to buy more chocolate chips just because they were only $1.99. I had to keep reminding myself I bought like 9 bags the last time they were under $2 and I do not need any more!! But we did stock up on lots of things. cans of pumpkin. sugar. cool whip. canned vegetables. turkey. We bought so much today that they almost had to fill a second grocery cart to wheel our stuff to the car. But I'm feelin' good about it because I watched the total bill drop nearly $30 when they scanned my valued customer card!

*********************************

Wednesday night Michael and I watched our latest Netflix movie. (I love Netflix!) The Second Chance starring Michael W. Smith and Jeff Obafemi Carr. Very honestly I had low expectations for the movie. We've seen several Christian movies lately and I've been distracted by stilted dialogue and unrealistic plot lines. This one, though, was pretty good! I really got into the story line and I definitely felt the challenge of the movie. (which I'll not spoil for you) If you're looking for a good movie this weekend, I recommend it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When I opened the door he whipped his shirt over his head like a lasso and tossed it out of the crib!"

I am a big fan of Daniel. I can't wait for the next adventure to be posted.

I love you, Daniel!
Aunt Suz