Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Brenna's Birthday Cake

Here's the cake I was working on last night. My first attempts with fondant.


I'm always very critical of my cakes and I would love to take the Wilton classes someday. But since I figured this one out on my own, using only the instructions that came with the fondant, I'm pretty happy with the result. I struggled with the bow for a long time, but I think you can tell what it is now, so I'm ok with it. I'll resist the urge to point out all the flaws, because I know Brenna won't care one bit. My mom has butterfly candle holders to place on the top and pastel candles to match.

Whew! I'm so glad the cake is done!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

WoW!!! I either order cakes or my mom makes them because I can't even get the cake out of the pan in one piece, much less get it decorated. Very impressive. I'm sure your daughter will love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, obviously you cannot eat it, so now what are you going to do with it?

Dena said...

Did you say fondant? I don't even know what that is!
It is beautiful for sure. I love the smooth, simple look the best. You did a great job!