Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Griping and Complaining About Target

Target and I are not getting along right now. They are remodeling both of the stores near me, but the reorganization has become really annoying. One of the stores is using four or five rows of parking to contain all their construction materials - making parking very frustrating. The other store put the bathrooms in the parking lot!! I don't even bother with that one.

Last night we all went to Target after supper to get white socks for the kids (I'll miss the no-tie summer footwear) and a few other things we needed. It's a good thing the girl at the checkout didn't ask me if I'd found everything I needed!

1. The main thing we needed was socks. After searching all through the kids sections several times over, we finally located the little girls' socks in the back corner between the new junior section and the mens clothes. Unfortunately, they didn't have any white sport socks. How does Target not sell socks for Brenna to wear with her tennis shoes?????

2. In the baby section where the toddler socks were hung, the hooks for Daniel's size socks were all empty. Unless I wanted multi-colored socks, of which he'd only ever wear the one white pair anyway. No good. Again.

3. Many of the rows in the middle of the store are literally only one cart wide. Each side of the cart has about 2 inches between it and the shelf. It's like a one-way street. You hope you don't meet someone coming the other way... or somebody has to back up!

4. They have CHRISTMAS stockings and ornaments out already!!

5. All through the clothing sections, the racks are so close together that you often can't get a cart through them. It feels as though you are stuck in some sort of crazy maze. I can't tell you how many times we turned a corner only to discover we had to back up because it was a 'dead end'. So very frustrating.

Target has long been one of my favorite stores. I used to say that if they didn't have it at Target, I didn't need it. I don't think I'll be in any hurry to see a Target again. Even Michael was disappointed because the Starbucks they put in at the front isn't open yet. : (


Whew! I feel better now that I got all that out of my system. : )

No comments: