Monday, August 20, 2007

A Slow Start

I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but it's true. I slept till 10:15 this morning. I don't know what happened exactly. When I opened my eyes the clock was flashing eleven something and I knew it had to be after 9 because the power had gone out late last night. I rolled over and turned on the tv, thinking I'd be able to guess the time based on what Matt and Natalie were talking about on the Today Show. Only the Today Show wasn't on. Regis and Kelly were. Quickly I dressed and went to check on Brenna. She was laying in a little tent she'd made on the floor of her bedroom. She claimed she'd just woken up. Whew! That meant she wasn't sneaking around looking for trouble! Daniel was sitting quietly in his crib. Just waiting. And leaking. His diaper was over-full, but all he wanted was a hug.

How did I sleep till 10:15? Maybe it was the overcast morning. Maybe it was the sinus infection I'm battling. Maybe I just plain needed the sleep. I don't know.... but I sure did like it! (Shhh...don't tell!)

No comments: