Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ice Cream Sodas

Lots of times Brenna and I will look at cookbooks together while I'm putting together the grocery list. We'll often pick something fun to make together during the week and this week we picked ice cream sodas from the Barefoot Contessa parties cookbook. I bought vanilla ice cream, heavy cream, and club soda.

Last night was the big night so about 8 o'clock we all hurried to the kitchen and started mixing up the ingredients. Vanilla extract. Heavy cream. Whisk it well. Add club soda. Keep mixing. 2 scoops of ice cream. Clean up the fizz that spilled over the side! Brenna's was done first and she carefully carried it to the table before putting her straw in.

The next thing we heard was "oohhhh yuck! This is disgusting!"

I thought she was being a bit over-dramatic. I mean, it had ice cream in it!

That is, until I tried mine. I spit it in the sink. Then I tried hers. I spit hers in the sink too. They were gross! I double checked the recipe, but we didn't do anything wrong. They were just plain disgusting! So, instead, we had regular ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate chips. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God that was not a cookbook I gave you. LOL

Suz

Peapod Four said...

Yeah, although, it really was the very first Barefoot Contessa recipe I've made that I didn't like. Usually her stuff is really good.