Thursday, June 28, 2007

Crazy Summer Day

This was one of those crazy unpredictable days of summer. Let me see if I can summarize it:

My dad called last night and asked us to be at their house this morning when the A/C guy came.
Then he called back and said 'never mind'.
This morning we considered going over to Mom and Dad's to see Mom because she's been in LA for a week.
Then we decided to wait until after lunch because Dad doesn't have much in the fridge over there when Mom's out of town.
Brenna and I put her soccer scrapbook together in less than two hours.
Michael decided we should stop at Lowe's on the way to Mom and Dad's to return something and buy deck stain.
Brenna asked me sing Amazing Grace for her while Michael was in the store.
When we pulled in the driveway at mom and dad's I realized I didn't have my keys with me.
The key to their house is on my key chain.
Michael called Dad at work to see if there is a spare hidden somewhere.
There isn't.
We drove back home.
The door was unlocked when we arrived...I had forgotten to lock it.
The kids and I took a nap.
At about 4:15 we reloaded the car, including the ingredients for Emeril's Linguine Bolognese, and drove back to Mom and Dad's.
I took my keys this time.
I also locked the door.
Mom was home when we got there.
Turns out she didn't go in to work today.
And, yes, that means she was home when we were in the driveway two hours earlier.
We made dinner and it took a really long time.
Dad gave Daniel icecream even though he didn't eat his dinner.
Daniel continued fussing and whining all night.
When we came home, we gave Daniel more Tylenol, and put the kids to bed.

And that was our crazy summer day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your life adds so much laughter to mine!!! I could just see it all unfolding. Love it!!!