Thursday, January 18, 2007

daniel fast

Ok -- we are on Day 6 of the Daniel Fast and I have a few observations:
1) I really don't need as much food as I thought I did. Without the temptation of goodies around, I don't fill myself up as much. Very cool.
2) Vegetables are my friends. I really like spaghetti squash and we made a sweet potato soup tonight that was actually good. Julie didn't like the soup, but she doesn't like sweet potatoes so go figure.
3) I feel mostly healthy eating this way, although I think my protein intake is lower than normal. My muscles are craving meat.
4) I really haven't craved anything like I thought I would.
5) I have had the opportunity to say no to people on several occasions and it really feels good. (i.e. at the grocery store today they were handing out spiral sliced ham pieces to eat. I said "No way, dude." I didn't really say that, but that was what I was feeling.)
6)Looking forward to stir fry on Sunday!!!
7) To me, this is less about food and more about breaking bad habits. I know that sounds strange, but it shouldn't matter what foods you eat or don't eat, but food is so readily available to us that we tend to devalue it when half the world craves for just morsels to eat.
Peace!
Michael

No comments: