Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Big Sigh

Wow. It's so nice to be on this side of the weekend. Usually I look forward to the weekend, but this time I just wanted to get through it! It all started on Thursday because my grandparents arrived in town from Ohio. I took the kids over to my parent's house for dinner and to spend some time with Nana and Pap.

Friday my kids were both sick. Brenna was running a temperature and they both had a hacking cough. Luckily my parents were still willing to watch them because that night we had our small group Christmas party. Michael and I have missed it the past two years so we were especially excited about this one. It turned out to be a wonderful evening. A friend of our from church catered it for us and I really think that made the night so much better. We talked and laughed and visited and laughed and ate and laughed and ate some more. It was just one of those nights you always want to remember. An evening out with your friends.

We spent the night at mom and dad's and the next morning Michael headed across town to the dress rehearsal for the church Christmas play, which he directed. He went without Brenna because she was still sick. I dropped the kids off with him at our house before I headed across town for the Hanging of the Greens-otherwise known as decorating the church for Christmas. That didn't go so well either because we had a very low turnout. It was a lot of work and not nearly as much fun as last year, but at least the church looks pretty.

Sunday came and we all stayed home from church because Michael and the kids were sick. Then at 4:30 we packed up the car and again and drove across town for the church Christmas play. Brenna was awesome. She gave it her all and even tried to steal the show with some of her dance moves. I laughed so hard I was afraid I'd knock the tripod over. Then the Hellands took us out to dinner at Applebees.

And so finally we come to Monday. Monday we all had dentist appointments. I left straight from there and went back to the church for the women's ministry Christmas party. Michael took Brenna out to dinner and then they did some Christmas shopping.

So here it is Tuesday and I am so glad to be on this side of the weekend. We had entirely too many things planned, but at the same time there really wasn't anything we could've skipped. The kids are getting better, but Michael is getting worse. He had to take tomorrow off because of his sore throat. I just hope he doesn't have strep!

Anyway, that's my newsy entry for today. I need a nap!

No comments: