Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow!

 We have waited an awfully long time for this snow. It's the third week in February for goodness sake! Of course this is the one year all my kids have boots that fit and snow pants. I guess I should count my blessings, because only Carrie has snow gloves, but still. We are not only lacking snow this winter, we're enjoying an overabundance of spring like weather. As in, our plants are thoroughly confused and the kids' come home with their coats stuffed in their backpacks. It's just been odd.

In a way this snow storm followed suit. Saturday it was 60 degrees. Sunday it snowed and we estimate we got about 3 or 4 inches. Monday the majority of it melted and by Thursday it's supposed to be 70 degrees. This is one strange winter!









We thought the snow looked like cotton balls in the trees

Brenna and her snow pet

Daniel trying unsuccessfully to get a snow ball started for a snow man

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your house looks so pretty in the snow :) (I mean, it always looks pretty, but I love snow covered houses). That's my favorite kind of snow. The kind that just stays around to play in and disappears before it causes problems :)