Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cookies

First cookies at the new house
Today we made chocolate chip cookies. Or tried to. I keep forgetting that we've just moved and our cupboards are not stocked quite like I think they are. For example, we always have baking soda. Or not. So today's cookies weren't quite the Chocolate Chip Cookies I set out to make.

We'll call them....Substitution Cookies. And here's the recipe, in case you find yourself in the same similarly odd situation someday.

Substitution Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks of butter
1c sucanat
1/2 c of honey granules (because I coudn't find any sugar - only me, right?!)
2eggs
3tsp. of baking powder (because we didn't have baking soda)
1tsp. of salt
1tsp. of vanilla
2 1/2 c. of fresh milled whole grain flour (1 cup was supposed to be oats, but we didn't have that either)
Bag of chocolate chips

Mix wet ingredients. Then add dry ones. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Not exactly what I was after, but these'll do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL you must be related to the queen of substitution... Grandma. LOL

Looks like Carrie is enjoying the cookies. ;)

Heather said...

Sounds good to me!!