Monday, July 18, 2011
Another week with no pictures. I think there actually are pictures on the camera, but none are going to make it to the blog tonight. This was a work week for me. Unusual, but totally doable over the summer when Michael can keep the kids all day.
In unrelated news, my knees are aching. Walking into a store tonight, I was looking too hard at the store hours and didn't lift my foot high enough to clear the curb. I went down hard. Tore a huge hole in my best jeans and bloodied up my knees. I'd forgotten how bad a slam and skid on the concrete hurts. I think the kids will get a little more sympathy from mom and a little less "you're alright" the next time they take a fall.
294. gift cards
295. lunch at Maggianos as a family
296. kids who behave so well while we're at a nice restaurant
297. being one of only two families buying school supplies at Target and getting all but one item we need
298. grandparents who take all three kids to the beach for the day
299. four days of work - choosing to look forward to the paycheck
300. meeting my friend Alison's new baby girl
301. Spending an hour or two catching up with Alison while the kids played
302. laughing with Christine
303. calling a bunch of my friends one after the other one night, just to get to talk to everyone
304. being on the same page as my husband
305. Hanover tomatoes on sale for 99cents a lb.
306. homemade spaghetti sauce ready for the freezer
307. having a daughter old enough to help me in the kitchen - today she chopped tomatoes with me
308. The York peppermint patties on Dan's desk at work
309. Brenna's arts camp
310. that Michael's student teacher from last fall, our friend Lauren, got a job for the upcoming school year
Posted by Peapod Four at 10:09 PM