Sunday, June 26, 2011

Heavenly Homemakers Blog

My friend Sarah, who has been walking this bread road with me, came across a blog a while back that she thought I'd like. On one of my first visits, I read the ice cream post and was hooked. gross?! Slowly I began to dig into the archives and found all sorts of new ideas and conversations. I love the humor in Laura's writing and the fact that she posts so often. (How do these bloggers come up with so much to write about?)

We've been making muffins a lot now that I'm grinding my own flour, but the recipe I was using produced slightly spongy ones. They weren't bad. I just thought they could be better. There are quite a few recipes posted on the HH blog, and we really like the blueberry muffins and banana muffins. My family is now wiping out a whole batch of muffins in one breakfast.

And probably the biggest hit of all has been a link to a smoothie recipe. Most make enough for 2 or 3 servings. I halved this one and it was more than enough for all five of us! And that is why I love cookbooks and blogs written by people who have big families!

Heavenly Homemakers - Check out this page as a launch point.

No comments: