Thursday, March 05, 2009

Snow Days

Ahh... a few peaceful minutes to write. It's been a while since I've had the chance to sit down at the computer uninterrupted. Snow began falling just after church last Sunday and we woke up Monday morning to about eight inches. The schools have been closed and we've been having a lot of concentrated family time.

Judging by the shorter tempers, perhaps too much concentrated family time.

Today, though, everyone is back to a semi-normal routine. The two hour delay allowed the icy roads to melt. It also made getting ready for school a whole lot easier. And it has me wishing school started closer to 9:30, rather than 8. I even got to take a shower before I walked Brenna to the bus stop!

Snow days are such wonderful treats. We were lucky this year to get three in a row. I'll post our pictures from the week as soon as I get them uploaded.

We are in the final countdown to my brother's wedding so the days are about to get really busy. Amazingly, the snow is melting fast and we're expecting 73 degree temperatures for the ceremony on Saturday!

No comments: