Wednesday, September 03, 2008

So Much For Keeping My Political Opinions To Myself

I'm supposed to be in bed, but I stayed up to watch Sarah Palin. That girl ROCKS! I have never been so excited about a candidate! Ever! I understand now why people try to vote more than once. I want to hang a banner on the front of my house and paint her name on my roof. I'm nuts about her!

And here's why: Because she's not afraid to tell the truth.

Be it about Obama, (who's written two books, but no major legislation and has never made an executive decision) or about her unwillingness to kowtow to the media, she gets right to the point. She's not messing around with 'politics'. She's wants the job in order to get something done. She sold the executive jet on ebay?!! Just imagine what she could do if she access to line item veto on the federal budget! (She won't, though, in case you're a Dem. and I just scared you. Only Governors have that power, and not all of them.)

If you didn't see the speech tonight, it's well worth finding it online. Michael and I watched it on CSPAN. The funniest part of the evening, though, wasn't something Gov. Palin said. It was a moment CSPAN caught that showed her youngest daughter holding the baby boy. No kidding, the girl licked her entire hand from palm to finger tip and then smoothed down the sleeping baby's hair. I laughed so hard I nearly cried.

2 comments:

TurtlesButterfly said...

I was just getting ready to blog b/c I, too, was up later (although technically I'm an hour earlier here than there...) and was going to mention Sarah's daughter smoothing her brother's hair and then licking her hand to get it just right. I said "oh no she didn't" and was laughing so hard I nearly cried.

gail said...

AMEN SISTA!!! amen! what a night! what a speech! what a gal. i'm with you on painting her name on the roof.

i just loved seeing cindy mccain holding the baby. did you see that shot?

and i loved how sarah used humor to stick it to "them". she is definitely a "bulldog" in heels and lipstick!

great post, gail