Monday, April 21, 2008

Narrowing Brenna's Career Choices

My uncle Jeff (mom's youngest brother) was visiting us last Sunday night from Ohio. He sat next to Brenna at dinner and did a little teasing. When Brenna got kinda huffy and glared at him, my mom tried to empathize with her. She started telling Brenna that even though Jeff is her younger brother he used to pick on her all the time when they were kids. Before she could get any further, Brenna looked her right in the eye and said, "Get over it!"

Cross Counselor and Psychologist off the list.

Thank goodness my mom and dad thought that was hysterical. I'm pretty sure if I'd said that at her age, it wouldn't have gone over so well.

Here are a few pictures from the evening. We had a great time showing uncle Jeff how to play a wii. (The pictures of him must be on mom's camera.) Even my grandparents played a little!


Nana had a little trouble getting the timing down for bowling, so Stephen helped her out.

2 comments:

gail said...

our wii remote came back to life on sunday! michael thinks the Lord healed it since we disconnected our cable. so now we have another resource for indoor fun since spring hasn't arrived yet! we got snow/hail on sunday. ugh. our son was so happy to play baseball again

BrendaF said...

Brenna is definitely a child after my own heart! Had this been another child i.e. one from the previous generation, I don't think the "Get over it" comment would have been taken in quite the same way. I don't think I'd cross counselor or psychologist off her list of career choices just yet; sometimes people DO need to hear, "Get over it!" And, speaking of Wii, I keep telling my kids that I want one. There was an article in our local paper about Wii being used in some nursing homes in the area for physical therapy.