Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Nuthin' To Say For Number 300

Strange as it may seem, I appear to have run out of things to write about. I don't have any funny kid stories to tell and my political burst seems to have come to an end. It's such a shame, too, because it appears that this is my 300th blog post.

300. Wow.

I love this outlet for all the words that crowd my brain. Sometimes my fingers just want to type. I get this itch to write and then I wonder who would ever read it. And yet my fingers want to type. To put to paper all the words that fight for space in my brain. I think in terms of blog posts. As I try to fall asleep at night I’m often starting new essays in my head. It happens during the day too. I am overwhelmed by a need to write. A need to get the words out of my head. Almost as if my brain has become too full and must be emptied so that new words may take their place. The release feels good. The more I type the tension fades. And soon, I am searching for the right words instead of shooting them through my fingers at 90 wpm.

Today, it's not so exciting. Today, I'm somewhat empty of words. No ideas. No pictures. No thoughts. Just celebrating 300 and knowing that before long, I'll be typing faster than I can think again.

1 comment:

KarenW said...

300 blog posts! Just the announcement is worthy enough. Congratulations.