Friday, January 25, 2008

It Was MY Party Afterall....

Last night I had a Thirty-One Home Party. Michael and I decided that Brenna should stay downstairs with me and participate in the party. It seemed a good opportunity for her to learn how to behave and act at such events. Before everyone arrived I talked with her about being quiet while Miss Deann (our consultant) was talking, having good self control and sitting quietly. I felt pretty confident that she was prepared.

As in most home parties, Deann spoke for about 15 minutes on the products and then gave us time to look through the catalog and make our selections. After about 10 minutes of everybody talking and asking questions, Brenna walked over to where I was sitting and put her hands on my arms. She leaned in close to my face and said, "Mom, this is your party. Can't you control all these people?"

I couldn't help but laugh. She thought everyone was being rude to Deann.

Teaching my daughter about social events and behavior is important to me. I see it as part of my responsibility as a mom. Teaching the younger generation. The Living Proof Ministries Blog is having a discussion about Titus 2 advice today. The comments are full of good advice and quite entertaining! If you have some time, go check it out. I daresay, you'll be challenged in one area or another!

1 comment:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

That sounds like such a first-born thing to say!! Too cute!

Thanks for coming by yesterday - so nice to meet your precious family here!