Sunday, November 04, 2007

A Retro Contest

Sometimes I like to give Brenna something that reminds me of my own childhood.
*She has a whole bag of cabbage patch kid clothes that my aunts made when I was little.

*In the summer I like to take her to the Dairy Queen to get a Dilly Bar, because my Aunt Suz used to buy those for me.

*If I'm ever somewhere that sells orange push up pops, I'd probably buy one. Just for old times.

*I got her a white, fluffy muff to keep her hands warm during the winter, because I had one when I was a kid. I guess I just like sharing my memories.

5 minutes for mom
is doing another giveaway, and this one pulls us back to yesteryear. It's way more yesteryear than I can remember, but it's fun nonetheless. : ) Click on that link to find out how to enter the drawing.

They are giving away a pedal car, record player, Coke cooler or a $179 gift certificate good for anything in their store, Pedal Cars and Retro Collectibles.

The pedal cars look like so much fun, but here are few other things that caught my eye (not necessarily what I'd choose, though) :


Definitely a retro phone! My goodness. I'm not sure my kids would even know this was a phone! : )







A kid sized golf cart! Oh my!








With the popularity of the movie Cars, anything Route 66 is fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why wait till summer... when Dilly bars are great any time of the year. I like to surprise the Sunday guests at grandma's with the different flavors. I really like the mint Dilly bar.

Has Brenna had a creme filled doughnut yet? :)
Suz