The new contemporary service went extremely well. There were about 150 people packed into the church rec. room. It was tight and a bit hot, but awesome. Brenna joined us for the first half. After the first song ended, she called out "Nice singing, Dad!" I think my face turned pretty red as I leaned down to "shhhhh!", and the people in front of us turned around to grin!
We are surely in the right place at the right time. This church is so much more than I expected or imagined. We are definitely experiencing God's blessing! Overflowing with abundance!
Just for fun, here's a list of 10 things I really liked about our new church:
1. Michael and I get to go to Sunday School. Together.
2. When I picked up Daniel they said he was the best baby they'd ever had. (How can a mom not love that? : )
3. The service is only one hour.
4. So many people came up to me just to say how much they enjoyed Michael's singing. And how good his voice is.
5. We had orange juice before Sunday School.
6. All three of the pastors are extremely friendly and easy to talk to. In fact, the senior pastor stopped in the hallway, just to ask Brenna about her Sunday School class.
7. I could definitely invite my friends and family to this church. And I probably will.
8. They have a covered drop-off area at the door for when it rains or snows.
9. There are lots of families.
10. We laughed during the sermon. More than once.