Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday's Excuses and Mistake

I think this is the most neglect my blog has experienced since I started it. And while the end is in sight, it isn't here just yet. I'm working another week and then things will settle back into a familiar pattern. I absolutely love the job I'm doing. In addition to all kinds of administrative type work, I'm greeting folks at the door and giving them an overview of the project. When they get to the questions I can't answer, I turn them over to one of the sales reps. Easy enough. I've met all kinds of people, but the majority are really nice.

Today we went to the Watermelon Festival downtown after church. Big Mistake. B-i-g Mistake. We had to park four blocks away and walk in. The festival was HOT and CROWDED. We had planned to eat lunch there, so we were also hungry. Even worse, we were trying to meet a friend of Michael's in front of a theater....on the other end of the festival. So let me recap: Hungry, Hot, Lots of people. Not a good combination. We never did find Michael's friend. And it appears that Daniel has inherited my low tolerance for heat. He looked awfully miserable in the stroller. When we got home, everyone took a two hour nap. I woke up to discover that I'm sunburned, too. Oh well. Lesson learned!

No comments: