Monday, March 19, 2007

Crawlin' and Whinin'

I am trying really hard right now to remember why on earth I thought it was a good idea for my 9 month old baby to learn how to crawl! This is a nightmare! Last week, life was so easy. I set him down in the middle of the living room with a toy or two and when I came back, he was still there. Now I set him down in the middle of the living room with a toy or two and he's gone before I get to back up!!

We haven't put the gates up yet, mostly because Michael so hates the gates. You have to figure out the new trick for opening them each time you want to go through ('cause you know it's never the same way twice), or you have to risk a pulled muscle by leaping over the top. Either way, they are a pain. And they haven't been reinstalled.

I have just sat down for the umpteenth time after chasing Daniel back out of the dining room. I have now closed off the walkway between the couch and the tv cabinet with the pack n play. I closed of the the other side with a pile pillows. (Now you know that will last for about two days before he figures out he can crawl right over them.) In response to being caged in, Daniel is now crawling around the perimeter whinin', whinin', whinin'! And believe it not, today, I'd rather listen to that than go chase him down one more time!

No comments: