Saturday, February 24, 2007

Simulcast

Beth Moore Simulcast Wrap-up:
Eight friends and I attended the Beth Moore simulcast today. It was based on her new book, Get Out Of The Pit. We had a great time and I think we all have a lot to chew on. The most important thing for me, though, was something she said sort of in passing as we were returning from our lunch break. She was talking about leaders and teachers, and she said something to the effect of "sometimes the Bible study God has us to lead is meant for our benefit. Am I right ladies?" It wasn't exactly like that, but it was close. Anyway, two of my friends turned around, mouths open and eyes in shock, checking to make sure I heard that. Just minutes earlier, during our lunch break, one of them had asked me how my Wednesday night Bible study class is going. I answered them honestly. I said that it was going very well, and I told them that the only problem is that now it seems the lessons have been so convicting to me and so personal that it is getting very difficult to teach them. I'm having trouble backing away from just how applicable it all is to my own life. I said just that. And then we walked back into the sanctuary and she reaffirmed it. Wow! It doesn't change anything, but it does confirm in me that I'm where God wants me and doing what He wants me doing! Amen?

By the way, I just need to say that the ladies of Cool Spring Baptist Church in Mechanicsville, VA did an incredible job of hosting this event. It ran so smoothly and they took care of every last detail, from the tissues in the window sills to the Dove chocolates on our lunch tables. No doubt God delighted in them today!!!

No comments: