Tuesday, February 13, 2007

No Chicks For Me

I was happy to see this headline today...

...Dixie Chicks still on the outs with country radio.

I used to like the Dixie Chicks. Pre-obnoxiousness. I probably still like their music, but I'll never know because I refuse to listen to them anymore. We do have the freedom of speech here in America and they absolutely have a right to their opinion. Just the same, I have the right not to listen to their music, in reaction to their shouted opinion.

I'm not sure all of this would have become such a big deal, if they hadn't been so rude as to tear down our president from a stage in London. It was more like a betrayal or a backstabbing than an opinion. It was completely unnecessary and quite tacky, among other things.

I didn't see all of their acceptances speeches, but in the one I did, Natalie was absolutely gloating. It just didn't sit well with me and I guess that's the way they want it.

Ms. Maguire, who plays the fiddle, said the group would rather have fans “who get it” instead of “people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith.”

No comments: