Friday, October 20, 2006
Yesterday I reached under the sink to get the dishwasher detergent and the box was wet. With that "uh oh" feeling, I leaned down for a closer look and discovered exactly what I was dreading. An inch or so of water had pooled in the cabinet and everything was wet. Even worse, I found a vase completely overflowing with water. I have no idea how long it had been leaking down there. Anway, I set everything out to dry and began experimenting with the sink to see if I could find the leak. After using the scientific method and proposing three or four different hypothesis (yeah, right!) I figured out how to make the sink leak. All I had to do was fill it with water and pull the plug. Apparently any amount of water pressure caused a fountain to appear underneath. It seemed to be coming from the top of the garbage disposal so I spent the next hour researching new disposal costs and finding out how to install them. When M got home, he and Brenna went to Pleasants Hardware (the best place to buy stuff, by the way, because they actually know about the products they are selling.) to bring home our new garbage disposal. We decided that since we were going to be working up under the sink anyway, we might as well install the new pullout faucet I'd gotten for my birthday in 2005 - nearly a year and a half ago. After ordering pizza, we got right to work. And you know, it wasn't too bad! We finished at 10:45. It only took one extra trip to Lowes for extra parts. So far - not even 24 hours yet, I know- we don't have any leaks either! We were so proud of ourselves!
Posted by Peapod Four at 12:49 PM