Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ed Young

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of ours brought a dvd for our Bible study to watch. It was a sermon by a pastor named Ed Young. It was awesome. It had all the elements of a great sermon: it was to the point; it was funny; it was simple; it wasn't too long; it was challenging; it was direct. Since then, I've listened to several sermons and teachings online via his website and his church website, Fellowship Church. Most recently I listened to a Sunday morning sermon on authority and was genuinely challenged to submission in some areas where I'd been bucking the system. It was awesome. He really tells it like the Bible says and he doesn't back down. I like that. I also like the props he uses to make his point. They help me to remember the main point. So if you have a little time, curl up in a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate and listen to one of his teachings. You'll be glad you did.

No comments: