Saturday, October 14, 2006

Buckeye Blowout

The Buckeyes are taking over in Michigan today. So much so that ABC has decided the game is no longer worth showing and they moved to the Missouri/Texas A&M game. I hate it when they do that.

Today my dad, mom, brother, and father-in-law worked on putting together Brenna's new swingset in our backyard. Never buy a swingset from Walmart. They've put two days into it already and it still just has a frame. The directions that came with it are impossible. On top of that, our backyard isn't flat so leveling the frame was a challenge too.

I am so tired today. Last night M was with the youth at a conference. I never sleep well when he's gone, but last night was particularly bad. I went to bed at 11:30, but woke up sharply at 1:30. I was so disappointed to see it was only 1:30! I thought it would be at least 3:30! Anyway, I couldn't calm my fears enough to fall back asleep. My body was so tense and every pop in the house sent adrenaline shooting through my veins. After trying to sleep for an hour, I gave up. I figured if I was going to be awake, I might as well occupy my mind. So I turned on more lights and played games off of Yahoo. Somewhere around 5am I finally fell asleep. Of course I had to get up at 8:30 because dad was coming over to work on the swing set. So now I can hardly wait to get the kids down to bed so I can snuggle down into mine.

No comments: