I'm laughing because I sat down at the computer to rest my achy feet and write up a couple blessings for this week. Thirty items later and I'm not even close to done! I can really only shake my head and laugh. It has been a wild week. The mortgage company asked for more documents at the last minute and then after we had signed all our paperwork, they were still calling us with employment questions. Incredibly stressful. But then we got possession of the house, picked up Daniel and my parents at the airport, had a celebration dinner at Olive Garden, and got about the business of moving. There was no way this week would wind down with only a short list of thanks!
Now if I could just figure out where I put the camera...
(The button code for Counting Gifts is not working for me today. If you're interested, the website is aholyexperience.com)
481. Brenna to Michael after church on Sunday "Thanks for moving us dad."
482. our new home
483. my grain mill counter
484. the orange tree in the back yard
485. over 35 people who helped us move
486. the lady from our new church who stopped in with brownies
487. the lady next door who brought over apple cinnamon bread
488. the Doug Oldham reference in sunday school
489. Blakeley who got documents together for us at the last min. for the mortgage company
490. our realtor's mom - also a realtor - who came to closing with us and kept Carrie busy
491. the queen size boxspring left to us by the sellers
492. the young girls who folded clothes and washed dishes on our moving day (7th grade and 4th grade... I know. How do you raise up young ladies like that???!!!)
493. our very nice and friendly closing attorney
494. Daniel's return home from Disney
495. friends willing to watch Carrie
496. That Carrie can gently shut the glass door on the entertainment center
497. antenae stations for the upstairs tv, including pbs for Carrie
498. the huge deli trays that we got from Kroger for our moving helpers, so nicely made
499. that moving day stories are nothing more than 'coulda been a lot worse'
500. the neighbor that pulled the moving truck out of the mud
501. the good feeling that comes with purging 'stuff'
502. empty boxes
503. when two tylenol, a snickers, and a coke can obliterate a pulsing tearful headache after a nap fails to do the job
504. that Carrie can sort the boxes of toys. "No Mommy. That Daniel's."
505. Dave, who can set up a computer in no time flat, not confused in the slightest by all the cords and plugs
506. finding my maternity clothes!
507. color coded boxes with itemized lists of what's inside
508. a mortgage payment that will be slightly less than we anticipated
509. a refund from the school district of our tuition fees (not yet here, but they sent a letter)
510. so many wonderful, amazing friends - one of life's most special treasures
511. how the congregation sings so enthusiastically/joyfully at our new church
512. the lady at church who found a way to let me know my 'side dish' of cold cuts was just fine
513. watching Daniel and John (pastor's son, age 4) interact at church