Wednesday, November 11, 2009

How To Get Out Of Eating Your Yogurt

Yesterday Daniel and I had a stand off.

He won.

Here's how it went down:

At lunch time I made him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he sat down at the kid table in the kitchen to eat. I didn't give him anything else until he'd finished the sandwich, because otherwise he won't eat it. So far so good. Next on his menu was yogurt. I let him pick out the flavor and he chose key lime pie, which he loves. He took about five bites and decided he didn't want any more.

I took about five seconds and decided he needed to eat it. He asked for it. He picked it out. He opened it. He was going to sit there till he ate it. Half an hour later he was still sitting at the table, singing and talking to himself. After a bathroom break, he returned to the table and still refused to eat the rest of his yogurt.

I was in the living room when I heard the sound of glass hitting the floor. We all know what happens to a glass when it hits the floor. It shattered into tons of tiny pieces, many of which looked more like thin shavings. Frustrated, I used my best Mommy voice to ask what happened. He said, "I broke the glass." Uh huh. I could see that. So I asked, "And how did that happen?"

"I put the glass on my head and it falled off".

(sigh) Guess I'm not raising the brightest of three year olds. He went directly to bed for nap time....And the yogurt went in the trash.

No comments: