Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Over

I just waved goodbye to Kindergarten Brenna for the last time. We made a great morning of it. We fought over brushing her hair and then went outside and took pictures. How's that for a last day of school memory? As long as she left happy, that's what matters.



I'd love to reflect on the year and write a sappy post about all the wonderful things she learned in Kindergarten, but I'm pretty sure you'd see right through it and know I was lying. She did have fun and she made some new friends, both of which are also very important to the school experience. And judging by the amount of 'stuff' that she's brought home this week, I'd say she did a lot of drawing and creating.

Speaking of what's come home this week...
a globe - no spinner
sign in sheets from random days through the year
a laminated square with her lunch account number on it
the large envelope that had her bus number on it at the beginning of the year
All amidst a barrage of papers, notebooks, artistic creations, homemade books, journals, school supplies, gifts, autographs, announcements, fliers for summer activities, reminders....

If I only had a penny for each time I've sighed and said, "Honey, we can't keep everything..."

Today will be a fun day - as has each day this week. And once she steps down off that bus as a first grader, we'll be ready to celebrate and cheer. She's jumping right into summer with a trip to South Carolina for my sister's graduation from residency. After that we planned Pittsburgh, Ohio, Hilton Head, swim lessons, a reading competition, Pop and Pemmy's house on the river, Chick Fil A, park dates, birthday parties, small group socials, and the list goes on.... Before we know it, the baby will be here and then Brenna will be heading off to a new school and making new friends. There's just so much to look forward to today.

But it never hurts to look back and see from where we've come.
Congratulations Brenna!! Onward and Upward!


September 2008

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, her hair is so much longer and her face is so much more mature! Yesterday was Reagan's last day of K and I bawled my eyes out! I didn't expect that! Is Brenna going to a different school? Have I told you that if you lived out here Brenna would be going into SECOND grade?! :)
Thanks for your comment on my last post. It made me smile (and wish we lived closer too!). Give Brenna a high five for us and tell her way to go!!