Sunday, November 25, 2007

Shopping Is Not For Me

My eyes are all red and swollen from crying during Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I love that show. I think I've convinced myself that by watching it I'm somehow helping those families too. Rarely do I have reason to speak highly of a major network, but tonight I feel like echoing the familiar phrase from the show. "Thank you ABC!"

**********************

I am not a shopper. I think following my mom around the stores all those years cured me of any need to go shopping. She and my sister both enjoy a good sale and they don't mind going to 5, 6, 7 stores in a day to find what they are looking for. (or maybe they mind a little, but they do it anyway.) I, on the other hand, go into a store to get something and if they don't have it, I go home. That's probably why I still don't have new shoes for when I work at Rocketts. I've only actually looked in one store. Twice. I think I'm hoping the perfect pair will just appear by my bed one morning.

But I'm digressing.

Last night I found something online that I thought I'd like to get Daniel for Christmas. I was having trouble narrowing the choices so Michael suggested we go look at them in the store first. After the kids woke up from nap time today, we all went to Penney's at the mall. The clock in the car said 5:03 when we parked. I exchanged a pair of jeans and then we went looking for that special gift. Which it turns out they didn't have. Must be an online only kind of deal. If I'd been by myself, I probably would've gone straight on home - they didn't have what I came for.

But I've also been looking for some footed pjs for the kids, for Daniel in particular, so we decided to walk down to Old Navy. I guess it just wasn't our night because they didn't have anything we liked. (meaning what they had was u-g-l-y and I wasn't buying it....even if it meant Daniel continues to shiver all night long!) (ok. I'm kidding. It's not that bad. He does need warm footed pjs, but he doesn't shiver all night long.) (at least not whole night....) (how many parenthesis can I put in a row???) : )

Off topic again.

Ahem. Uh...where was I? Oh, yeah. Old Navy. So we left there, dodged the crazy girl with the lotion samples, and wound our way back through Penney's to the car. By this time, Daniel was fussing and Brenna had made it clear she was hungry. My feet were kinda tired and we all just wanted to go home.

When Michael started the car, I swear the clock said 5:38. I was shocked. And it totally reinforced my dislike for shopping.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Too funny! We were just at Old Navy this afternoon looking for footed pj's for Piper, and same thing - UGLY, too ugly to pay for, even though she needs them too.
What's with that?
Piper has one pair, I'll just have to keep washing them till I find some halfway cute ones.