Thursday, November 29, 2007

Decorating For Christmas

Since I haven't done anything more significant than fold laundry and change Mr. poopy-butt (a nickname he's earned fair and square so don't pity him!) for the last two days, I don't have a lot to write about.

However, we decorated our tree earlier this week. (yeah us!) I usually enjoy decorating for Christmas, but I read a humbug blog post about lugging everything out for 5 weeks and then putting it all away again and it kinda zapped my fun. Even so, I pushed my way through, determining to carefully choose which decorations I really wanted to display this year. Over the past few years I've whittled our Christmas decorations down to two regular, plastic boxes and a large blue bin (for the outside stuff). Brenna also has a box of things that belong to her. Four boxes altogether. But I chose carefully from that collection and I think we did pretty well.

I'm not going to post pictures yet, because I want to participate in the Christmas Tour of Homes hosted by BooMama in December.

Since I was picky this year, a lot went back upstairs to the storage area. Many ornaments just didn't make the cut. Then this morning I read this post by Rachel Anne called Hanging With The Ornaments (Home Sanctuary) and it cracked me up that she wrote a post to her Christmas ornaments. If you have a minute, click on the link and read it. I think it'll make you smile too.

No comments: