Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Kitchen Floor

Sometimes I try to follow the housekeeping zones from the Fly Lady site. I say 'sometimes' because before Daniel was born I signed up for the emails and became totally overwhelmed. There were lots of good suggestions, and I felt good about it when I accomplished it, but I couldn't keep up. So I unsubscribed. Most of the information is available on the website, so now I just go get what I want, when I think I want to work on house cleaning again. And that is only sometimes.

There were several things I really liked about the Fly Lady method. Setting a timer and working for 15 minutes. Dividing the house into zones and doing one zone a week. Making a house manual. Keeping the kitchen sink clean.

This week is Kitchen Week. So I picked several things that need done in the kitchen and planned a few for each day. The snack cupboard needed cleaned out. The microwave needs a good scrubbing. The fridge needs a little attention...

Today, Brenna and I scrubbed the kitchen floor on our hands and knees. (She volunteered to help, I didn't make her... so I don't want to hear anybody sticking up for her! ; )

But our floor is so dingy you can't really tell. : (

Takes what little bit of fun there is in a job well done when you can't even tell that it looks better! Hmph!

No comments: