Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Dessert Diva Is Back!

I inadvertently scored a huge hit with my brownies on Friday night. The last 6 or 8 times I've taken a dessert to small group, I've brought most of it home. I was seriously beginning to wonder what was wrong with my baking. I even haughtily announced on more than one occasion that I wasn't taking anything anymore.

But I'm over it. And back on top of the dessert diva list. (Can you tell I like the attention a good dessert brings? Is that bad? I love to watch someone enjoy a treat I made for them! I try not to let my head get too big... really, I do ! : )

I'm going to share the secret of last night's success. Right here. Right now. I used a box of Duncan Hines brownie mix. I followed the directions. But before I put it in the oven, I dumped Nestle's peanut butter and milk chocolate chips all over the top! They came out of the oven looking...well...kinda yucky. The peanut butter chips only half melted so it sort of looked like a mess. But I took 'em anyway.

And I only brought 3 home! And that's all that matters!


(It's not for small group, but I'm making coconut cake on Tuesday. I'll let you know how that turns out too.)

No comments: