The Spring Reading Challenge has ended and I didn't exactly finish. But I'm not surprised either. I did think my list was a bit over-ambitious. Still, I think I did pretty well and I know I'll finish the last book ... someday!
Katrina listed the following questions as a wrap up to the challenge:
- What was the best book you read this spring?
Dekker is one of my favorite authors and this series did not disappoint!
- Did you try out a new author this spring? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again?
- If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it?
- What did you learn -- about anything -- through this challenge? Maybe you learned something about yourself or your reading style, maybe you learned not to pick so many nonfiction books for a challenge, maybe you learned something from a book you read. Whatever it is, share!
I learned all kinds of things from this book. There were tons of ideas and suggestions for creatively running a church. Though it is written by pastors of very large churches, I found that many of the ideas could be used in our small church as well.
Discover Your Child's Learning Style
I read this book because I find the learning styles interesting and because I wanted to understand what works for Brenna. She is such a quick learner and has such a love for learning, that I wanted to make sure I foster that. Of course, in the process I learned a little about myself and a little about Michael too. One thing thing I really enjoyed, was seeing which characteristics Brenna received from me (where she's just like her mother!), which ones she got from Michael (where she's just like her father!), and which ones God gave just to her.
Daniel by Beth Moore
This book has been life changing for me. And I do not say that lightly. I couldn't even begin to recount all the things I've learned from doing this study. If you EVER have the opportunity to do this Bible study or even to watch the videos, it is well worth the time. I am different because I did this Bible study. God has done some amazing work in me.
- What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing?
- Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this fall?