Monday, June 04, 2007

A Late Start

Just when you think the excitement is finally going to die down a little, we have another crazy day. Yesterday, Daniel and I had our 30 and 1 party. It was a lot of fun and we even got to spend a little extra time with my brother and sister-in-law, who we don't get to see all that often. As we were getting ready for bed, though, I remembered that I had a doctor's appointment this morning at 8:15. We only have one alarm clock, so I asked Michael to wake me up after he was done in the shower.

I bet you can't guess what happened.

Yep. He forgot. No, I'm not kidding. He came upstairs to say goodbye before he left for work and I, very sleepily, asked "What time is it?" And he, with a touch of panic, answered "Oh no. I completely forgot! It's 7:20!"

So I leaped from the bed, giving instructions as I went.
"I'll get in the shower. You get the kids up. Tell Brenna to put on a dress and her sandals...." I think I set a record for fastest shower EVER at our house. Michael had poured Brenna's cereal and fastened Daniel in his highchair. I told him I could handle it from there and he could go on to work. (He was at least 15 minutes late today.) I poured Brenna's milk, fixed Daniel a frozen waffle, then ran back upstairs to dry my hair. After that it was downstairs to put socks on Daniel, then upstairs to find his shoes, then downstairs to put the shoes on, then upstairs to find barrettes for Brenna, then downstairs to put the barrettes in, then twice around the downstairs to find the diaper bag, my purse and the keys.

We got every red light between here and the medical building. BUT we got a good spot in the parking garage, which almost never happens. We signed in at 8:17...just 30 seconds before my doctor walked in the door. Maybe she had a crazy morning too?

Come to think about it...this day had quite a few rough spots...

- rushing to the doctor - no breakfast

- high blood pressure at the doctor's

- I fell asleep while Brenna was playing on the computer. (This didn't bother her one bit. When she was done playing she just found some books to read.)

- Cleaning up all the icing bags from cake decorating

- Spilled Mountain Dew all over my jeans

- My foot got caught in my pant leg and I fell really hard going up the stairs tonight. Yes it was funny. Yes it hurt. I have really painful bruises on both my legs.

- A nagging dry cough that keeps coming back every night.

Luckily the day wasn't all bad... I made turkey enchiladas for dinner and they were yummy! Also we got that great parking spot this morning. Oh, and there was leftover birthday cake. And we finally remembered to give Daniel his birthday presents. (Somehow we just kept forgetting about them.) So there were some bright spots too, I guess.

No comments: