Monday, April 16, 2007

Home Sweet Home

It's good to be home! Brenna, Daniel, and I rode with my parents down to SC this weekend. We got home last night about 10:30. Here's my trip wrap-up.

Good Bits:
1- A new mirror for the dining room wall from the Marshall's Home Store. $39!

2- Barefoot Contessa Cheddar Corn Chowder - ahhhh...that soup is so good!

3- Falls Park in Greenville, SC - still beautiful!

4- The Children's Garden in Greenville, SC - such a neat idea and so pretty. murals. rainbow of flowers. painted benches. river. nursery rhymes. musical chimes. winding path.

5- The lady at Chick Fil A who carried our tray because Mom and I had our hands full with kids and drinks. (customer not employee)

6- cell phones to call Michael

7- Five Guys Burgers and Fries

8- Brenna's spontaneous news reporting as we drove through town with two mattresses tied to the top of the minivan

9- McAlisters!

10- All of the ladies in the restroom at Falls Park who let an antsy four year old go to the front of the line.


Bad Bits:
1- People who drive in pouring rain and don't turn their headlights on

2- Pawley's steakhouse - didn't serve meals as the menu described them

3- riding forever in the van and having to watch my little guy squirm in his car seat

4- missing Michael

5- seeing how aging is affecting my grandparents so much more noticeably

6- Brenna's baby talk when she missed her afternoon rest time

7- grocery shopping in a different grocery store - and missing Ukrops!

8- eating way too much food - way too much!

9- missing my friends at small group Friday night


Ugly Bits:
Let's just leave those out. There were a few, but maybe if I don't write about them, I'll forget them. : )

No comments: