Thursday, November 09, 2006

One Friend

Ok. It's official. I joined Facebook. I tried a year ago because I thought it would be an easy way to keep up with my cousins while they are in college, but I didn't have an education email address. Believe it or not, I didn't even have a computer in college. We did have email, but the addresses were deleted within weeks of our graduation. I think we even had to clear out accounts each semester because of space issues. Anyway, my brother wrote me today to see if I'd signed up yet, now that Facebook is open to anyone with a valid email. I'd kind of forgotten about it so this morning I took the time to create an account.
I quickly discovered two groups to join, both related to my high school. I also began to realize that I'm probably the oldest person with a Facebook account! ; ) I didn't find anyone who graduated anything in the 90s! Even so, I'll still be able to stay in better contact with my cousins...instead of just seeing them once a year. I'll probably know more about them than I ever have before!
I haven't searched for everyone yet because I'm still learning my way around, but I did add my brother to my friends list. That cracked me up because I went back to my Friends page and it says

YOU HAVE ONE FRIEND.

Doesn't that sound so sad? It makes me want to yell at the computer "I have lots of friends! You just don't know!" But then I'd probably wake up the baby and I'd be really sorry I did that.

No comments: